Sunday, February 7, 2010

Intramural Athletics

It's regretful that I'm well into my second year of college and just last week was the first organized sports I've been a part of since high school. I've spent most of my time in school studying, hanging out, and recuperating from the mental anguish that takes place week in and week out. Considering I've played some form of athletics every year since I was able to walk, it's been a strange break not being a part of a team. Well, this break has come to an end. The 'Oldschools' took the floor for the first time last Wednesday for my first intramural game of my collegiate career.

Unfortunately, I have too much integrity to simply lie and say we won by 20. We lost by 3 or 4 points in a game we were more than capable of winning by double digits. It was tons of fun though. I forgot how much I miss basketball. For the first time in 2 years, I had that rush of determination, anger, pride, and hustle that some people refer to as competitiveness. It felt wonderful. Almost like a release of stress and built up energy. Now, I can't stop thinking about basketball again. I just want a rematch in the playoffs. Ahhh yes, we will get you next time inferior foes; Stephen Cliff has rediscovered his fiery passion. It's all or nothing now. I might have 4 tough exams this coming week, but all I can currently think about is getting back on the floor. We've got something to prove. A goal at hand.

Now if I can just find a way to translate this focus...

No comments:

Post a Comment