Friday, April 9, 2010

Noah Felts: A Man After God's Own Heart





Last Tuesday night, the community of Sand Springs received horrible news. One of our friends, brother, and role models at The Depot made the decision to take his own life. Initially, the news was difficult to comprehend. It was one of the few moments in life when the earth seems to stop spinning and the hand on the clock stops moving. Immediately, you almost feel as if the news is a sick, dark joke. You wait around for the punch line, but the only thing you get is a punch in the gut of reality. Noah was not an ordinary young man. If you had even met Noah once in your life, you would comprehend that his decision was completely out of character. Noah loved God with an intensity that few fully understand at his age. His understanding of the Lord far surpassed a majority of adult Christians. You can gain a glimpse into Noah's heart simply by reading what he posted on his face book:

"Well I love JESUS. And I’m called to be a childrens pastor, and my life is amazing because i have cool people in my life and I love JESUS oh wait I already said that but its worth saying twice."

Through all of the grieving of losing our friend, son, and brother the one thing I have never questioned was Noah's heart. satan (purposefully not capitalized) knew he could not take control of Noah's heart, so he set his aim at Noah's mind. It's a tragic event that will have lasting effects for many years to come. Noah might have lost his mental battle with satan, but I still know where he is now: resting on God's lap.

You must know that I am sincerely inspired by watching the Felts family deal with one of life's most daunting blows. This is not your ordinary family. Especially Noah's father, David. When David has every single right to break apart, he has kept everyone else together. When everyone would understand if he were weak, he has been stronger than anyone. In the words of Dave himself, "Noah was a true wild man for God, he will be missed. If you want to honor his memory then take ground for the Kingdom of God. Tell people everywhere of Jesus and His love for them. Give the devil a black eye, and win the lost"! When my status might say something about hating the world all together, this man asks us to seek the lost in honor of one of the Lord's fallen soldiers. If you're ever around Word of Life than you would know David is commonly referred to as "Super Dave", and let me tell you, there couldn't be a more fitting name. He truly is my super hero. He is an incredible leader and I’m lucky to say I know him.

Now it's time to take back from the devil. The devil has messed with the wrong church. The devil has messed with the wrong family. And he has messed with the wrong city. We will not sit in complacency. We will fight back and continue to press harder in sharing the gospel with everyone. We might have lost a brother and friend, but we will never stop pressing forward. Now is the time to step up and go into the entire world with a greater passion than before. We all know it's what Noah would be doing if he were here. We are all going to miss you, Noah. I know you’re going to be ecstatic when you see the impact you are continuing to have here on earth. I wish I could be with everyone back home today. Despite my circumstances, I will still celebrate your short, powerful life from Stillwater.

8 comments:

  1. thank you so much for posting this blog. i've known noah since i was just a kid, like 5 or 6. i was even there when he was water baptized. in fact, thats my picture you used at the begining. :). he's always been a wonderful person, and your words couldn't be truer.

    --scott e.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Couldn't have said it better myself!

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stephen- that was beautifully written and well said.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stephen - thank you for loving my son. Your kind words about me are truly appreciated...I would love to let everyone know that what you have seen in me Stephen is available to each and every Christian, for it is God in me that gives me the strength to carry on and take ground from the enemy. Noah was indeed a wild man for God...I would challenge each and everyone of you to go out and become wild men and wild women for Him too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job for getting GOD's word of life out despite a sad situation. This too WILL fullfill GOD plan.... GOD bless.

    Sharon Martinez from NC
    True Faith in Christ!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great Job on the post. GOD is AMAZING. He will bless you for getting GOD's word out there. GOD BLESS YOU!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was amazing! Im proud to be longtime friends with David and Cheryl,Micah,April and Noah Evan.I Love you All.

    ReplyDelete