Sunday, February 14, 2010

Love

Oh yes, It's Valentine’s Day again. Like every year, it's that time when I hear all the single people complain about today being an over commercialized holiday designed for fake love and a brutal reminder that single people must be single for a specified reason. That's just ignorance. Ha, I just thought I could share my two cents on this topic of love that I've learned and experienced in the last several months. If you don't know my background, than this is the first Valentine's Day in a long time that I won't have someone to share it with. Ironically, this is the happiest I've ever been on Valentine’s Day. Not because my past valentines were insufficient or incompatible. They have been incredible people who have changed my life forever; but this Valentines season I have discovered a new level of love. A kind of love that should be spelled with a capital 'L'. A Love that has touched me in a way I never knew possible. God's Love for His children. An overwhelming sensation that no human could possibly provide for another human.


The last several months I've fought an intense mental war with the Devil. Let me be honest and tell you that I was not winning either. I let the enemy grab hold of my thoughts and manipulate them in ways I would have never imagined me believing. From several recommendations and the help of the Holy Spirit, Joyce Meyer's book Battlefield of the Mind landed on my lap. I'm sure you're wondering how a book about taking captive our thought and prayer life could possibly translate in a true, deep understanding of this Love that is available to all. I too am still wondering, but God sometimes works in mysterious ways and I'm incredibly thankful for it. Besides the fact I've made enormous strides in my mental battle, last night I was broken to the point of tears while I read because I drowned in His grace and Love. I firmly believe God used my willingness to reach to Him for help to fix more than one area in need. He saw the mess my mind has been in, but he also saw my broken heart as well.

I became submerged, for the first time, in this Love while reading Romans 8:35, 37. It reveals, “Who shall ever separate us from Christ's love? Shall suffering and affliction and tribulation? Or calamity and distress? Or persecution or hunger or destitution or peril or sword?" Then verse 37 says, "Yet amid all these things we are more than conquerors and gain a surpassing victory through Him who LOVED us." People, do you see the magnitude of this truth? Absolutely nothing can cease God's love for us. Nothing. The part the Holy Spirit really nailed me with is that we gain victory through Him who loved us. This is exactly what I needed. I have gained victory in my broken hearted love life, simply because He Loves me. It's that easy? I've been repaired and mended into a person stronger than ever before. I've been restored from a boy to a man. God's love and grace is greater than our minds can imagine. And when a sinful, ungrateful person like any human finally comprehends it, the physical body can not contain the overpowering emotion. It can happen in many ways and most often it arrives unexpected. I found this love, forgiveness, and grace through my broken heart and actively seeking out God. Others find it in different ways. My prayer for you is that you too will also have a personal experience with God's vast love and grace. I never knew our hearts and minds operated so closely together. Now I will never doubt the importance. Feel God's love today. Yes, even on Valentine’s Day.

3 comments:

  1. Really really excellent!!!

    So many others need to know this message.

    Brokeness brings amazing healing!

    Jim Fregia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Stephen! Enjoyed the blog!
    God is good...all the time!
    Dan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you very much :)

    ReplyDelete