Sunday, February 21, 2010

Dear Future Wife

Dear Future Wife,

It’s me, your husband. I’m in my second year at Oklahoma State; boy, it’s getting rough. Sometimes I don’t have as much time as I would prefer. My professor for Chemistry is Dr. Raft. He is a vicious, sadistic madman. Can you believe that I scored a 60% on my last exam but still doubled the class average? I’m taking 17 hours of credits this semester, but probably spend 80% of my time on this one class. I complain about its difficulty but it has forced me to draw closer to God and put my trust in Him. It is simply amazing how little effort God requires of us to draw closer to Him. I really cannot get enough of Him.

I want you to know that I pray for you every day. I can’t wait to see how beautiful you are, inside and out. If you are actually reading this, then I’m so thankful you saw through my shy personality. I promise that I’m a nice guy once you get me to open up! I’m sure that you’ve already learned of my obsession of sports. I must apologize now for the pain and agony that I will bring into future generations of our family. Regretfully, I root for all losers. You shouldn’t blame me though, blame your father-in-law. It’s his fault. But as every sports fan knows, my passion for sports isn’t just based in the win and loss column. Everyone knows the stories that come attached to the sports are the real reason people watch. I’m sorry now that every Sunday after church will be dedicated to Cowboy football. It sincerely won’t hurt my feelings if you want to spend time with your girl friends during the game. Go get coffee or go shopping. Just please leave the 50” HD TV to me and my boys for the game. If you would prefer to watch the game with us, than I will let you wear my Emmitt Smith jersey that I bought at the game when he broke the all time rushing record. Yes, I love you this much.

I really hope you like to clean dishes. I despise cleaning dishes. I’ll gladly do all the laundry. My mom taught me how at a very young age. I’ll even separate the colors and whites like a good husband. I actually like making cool designs in the carpet with the vacuum too! There’s a deal: I’ll vacuum and do the laundry if you change all the diapers and clean the dishes. That’s fair, right? Wonderful. I promise to always do my share of house work. You deserve the help. You’re much too beautiful to always be cleaning a toilet. File and paint your nails on the couch, I’ll help take care of it.

I’m so glad I have the privilege to marry someone who is a giver. I hope the amount of money budgeted into our “giving” category is enough. Considering the nature of your heart, I’m sure there will never be enough to give away. I’m so happy that you’re interested in missions. I can’t wait to take my first mission trip with you. I know God is capable of using my help to change the world, but can you slightly imagine how much of an impact on the world God can make with us working together? You’re so amazing. If you don’t desire to work full time, then I’ll make enough to support our family. I’ll stand behind your decision if you would like to stay home and take care of our children. The more time you spend with them, the more you can pour into their lives. And I want our children to grow up to be just like you. I also pray they resemble the physical beauty of you as well. Especially my daughters. I would also be willing to adopt children if the timing was right. The more children we can have in our home, the more of an impact our family can have for the kingdom of God. Don’t you agree?

I promise to always be the spiritual leader of our amazing family. I understand that I can’t control every situation and solve everything on my own. That isn’t how I want to do it anyways. Decisions in our marriage will always be based in our responsiveness to the Lord’s will. You can also trust me to be the financial leader of our house. I would never exclude your help though. I don’t want to control all the money. Oh wonderful wife, I’m such a lucky man. I’m so glad that I found a girl who believes in me. I’m elated to have a woman who makes an average man great. It is a guarantee that I will never stop talking about you. People will be so tired of hearing about how lucky I am. You are in the most important spot in my life that you could possibly be , my number 2. Right behind God. I waited so long for you and I couldn’t have been blessed more. I’ve conquered many battles so that I could become the man I am today. God picked me up when I was hurting and molded me into the man I am now. So I can’t say I regret my past, it taught me many things. Just always remember that the past is the past; I can’t wait to see what God has in store for us in the future. Baby, we’re going to rock this world together. I can’t wait to read this to you. You are best ever. I mean it.

I love you,

Stephen

P.S. I will never forget to leave the toliet seat up. I promise.

3 comments:

  1. Wow this my friend is one way to win a woman's heart. I for one am a mother of three bright and intelligent children in who I love with all my heart. You are young and I hope that you find your one true love in the future. Now lets get to the complaining bout your class there. As the years go by the classes will only get tougher trust me on this. I very seldom blog but I am on face book, my space, tagged, and my year book. I have lots of photos on all of my sites as I love the art of photography and am trying to start a business in this field as well. Hope that all your dreams for your future plans come to be a reality for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well thank you very much! I've got to work on the complaining, I know. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow... I know God has blessed the path that will lead u two together...dont stop being so sweet (",)
    God bless and all the best

    ReplyDelete