Monday, October 26, 2009

Diversity

Just a quick little post.


As I walked to class this morning I thought about the multitude of diversity there is on a college campus, especially a large state campus. I'm not talking about the regular diversity we see every day by living as far south as we do. I mean in every aspect of the word, is there a more diverse place than a university? As far as ethnicity, just on my way to class this morning I saw Asians, Latinos, Indians, Arabians, whites, blacks. It's amazing to think they all live in the 3 square mile campus of Oklahoma State University. Where else can you see Bio-Chem nerds and music majors eating lunch together? Or aerospace engineers and elementary school teachers walking to the library together? In fact, there is a Japanese culture dinner at the Union tonight for anyone willing to eat obscure, mysterious food. It just blows my mind, the amount of diversity there is in a couple square blocks of land. I'll never be in an environment like this one again. I hope I never take it for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment