Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Reckless Abandon

Dear Humanity,

It's time to let go. It's time to sprint. Not walk, jog, or inch forward. God placed me on earth for the ONLY purpose to worship him. Yes, a literal worship as in hands lifted to the sky praise and worship; but also to live out my life as an act of worship. My desire is to be a mirror. A mirror that reflects the Creator in every aspect of my life. When people look in my eyes, my only desire is for them to see God. It's time to walk to class and see people filled with the spirit simply from the proximity of the power overflowing out of every pore in my body. It's time to see bondage broken in people's life because I have enough faith for the both of us. It's time for God's glory to radiate from my face just like Moses. People saved without verbally speaking a word. A great testimony being formed. Fire burning through my veins. Indescribable sensations waiting to be released in the greatest form of love. It's time to let go.

I've lived my life simply wanting people to think I didn't do "bad" things. A passive lifestyle. Look at the things Stephen hasn't done. Look at Stephen's clean hands. But inaction is almost as dangerous as wrong actions. It's time to be known for what I do, rather than what I have not done. It's time for leaders to step up and lead in the direction God intended. I cannot be satisfied with complacency. I cannot be a Sunday Christian. It isn't about whether I always remember to bring my Bible to church. Or if I close my eyes during worship. My focus will be shifted from inward concerns to outward battles. Satan isn't the only one willing to fight. If he's "out" seeking to destroy, then this means he's actively taking measures to accomplish his goals. Then why should I or the church simply wait around for him to attack? Why should Christians live dormant? Fight back. Go to war.

I've waited. I've learned. I've built. I've thrown my entire life at Your feet. I've been patient. I've grown. I've been touched. But now Lord, I'm ready. Your son is ready to fight. Let me be unleashed into this world of darkness. Let me pick up my sword and charge ahead. Passivity is dangerous ground to wander. Let the groans of Hell be audibly heard because I'm coming. I'm running. Satan will tremble. This world will never be the same. I've heard you and I'm responding. Let your glory be recognized through the life of Stephen Cliff. A fearless man. A man chasing hard after his God written dream. A man on fire. Yes, it’s time to let go of the only thing standing between good and great: myself.

Sincerely,
Stephen

6 comments:

  1. Right on! Let it be...in me!
    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Outstanding, this is what it will take to change this nation.
    I believe Prophets of God will begin to stand and speak openly against the evil one, revealing what he's doing in secret, openly declaring the works of the Lord God Almighty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bring it, Brother! Great Post!!!

    Jim Fregia (friend of your Dad)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Watching you grow from a baby to a man of God is so satisfying. Want to "run" with you!! Love, Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just thinking...If Abraham was 80 when he got his assignment, there's a place in the race for the geezers,too. Putting my "sneakers" (geezer term) back on. Ronn G.

    ReplyDelete