Monday, March 22, 2010

Morning Mayhem!

I need to take a little break from studying for my Chemistry exam. Thermodynamics, quantum mechanics, and nuclear physics are a little too much for my brain to comprehend all in one day. Regardless, I have recognized that I study almost obsessively to the point of mental exhaustion. I'm at the border of determined and insanity. So I must take a break and consume some of your free time with this blog entry.

If you're like me, you despise mornings. I mean you exorbitantly loath the first ray of sun light that hits your window with its unwanted awakening. Almost every morning, I need about 10 minutes to slowly reach a complete state of consciousness. Turn on my lights without permission, talk excessively/intelligently, or look at me wrong and I've been known to lash out in an uncharacterized rage. One of the ways I love to ease into my new day is through music. Pick the right song to wake up to and the rest of your day seems to fall together nicely. So here are a couple of my favorite songs to listen to in the morning. Some might not be the typical "morning" type of song, but it does the trick for me. Maybe you can use my methodology to greet tomorrow with a good mood.

Robbie Seay Band- "New Day"

Mat Kearney- "Where We Gonna Go From Here"

U2- "Beautiful Day"

Jack's Mannequin- "Into the Airwaves"

Dave Barnes- "God Gave Me You"

And no matter how elementary it makes you feel, you simply can not deny that this song makes you in a better mood to start your day...

Fee- "Happy Day"

No comments:

Post a Comment