Sunday, January 10, 2010

Spring Semester 2010

Well here we go again. Wasn't it just yesterday when I was begging for a much needed break? Yeah, I thought so too. Maybe working every day of my "break" contributed to it flying by. Who knows? What I do know is that tomorrow I start my journey towards my new future. New professors to deal with, new textbooks to buy, and probably new classmates to tutor... Well that isn't very optimistic way to start the year... New professors to gain valuable knowledge and insight from, new textbooks to thoroughly read for enjoyment and of course many new people to befriend! Difficultly wise, this semester will be my most challenging yet. But I'm much more motivated to destroy this semester, as opposed to just make it out a live (last semester). So here’s a run down on what will be keeping me extremely busy for the next several months:

Managerial Accounting: From what I hear this class is the easier of the two basic Accounting classes given at OSU. Very good news. The text book was written by the professor, which means I'll probably have to read it in detail to do well on exams. Yes, that was just an example of a college kid using reasoning and foresight : )

Macro Economics: Oh boy... I'm sure half of my semester will be listening to exactly why the American economy is in the situation that it is in. I'm sure I'll hear "exactly" how to fix it too. A wise friend told me once to never listen to a poor econ teacher tell you how to be rich. If these Econ professors have so many answers... then why are things not getting better? Class wise, I project it to be easier that the rest. Woohoo!

Marketing: I'm not sure what to think about this class yet. First off, it's the earliest class I've taken in 2 years... 9:00 am. Yes I understand all you working people thinking, "Oh please, that is NOT that early Stephen". When I'm home working, I totally agree. But have you ever tried to wake up that early on a college campus? That's what I thought. Morning starts about 10:00am in college. Anything before that is considered cruel and unworthy. My professor is considered by most to be the "grandpa professor" in the school of business. He's elderly and spends most of his class time telling interesting stories. Only crazy thing is he includes details from the stories on the exams... Very weird. It's a 400 point upper level class, similar to my Management class last semester. (If you're still wondering, yes I'm still very bitter of my 89.75% that was rounded to a B. Jerk.) I'm out for revenge...

Biology: Widely known as THE weed out class at Oklahoma State University. Of all the friends I know who have taken the course, I think maybe 4 have passed and over 15 have failed. The labs are 3 hours long and include 10 page post-lab reports due at the end of the week. But the professors name is "Marley", leaves me with good omen that maybe this guy could remotely be a cool science professor. I mean... he's named after the chillest guy to ever walk the earth....

Chemistry: Here’s the homerun. This class WILL be the most difficult course of the year for me. I've read multiple sights and heard from many students that the professor is an "evil man". Multiple people have referred to him in quotes as "the devil". I laughed at first, but after hearing the explanation now I am kind of cringing. This man’s common nickname stems from the fact that he makes his classes worth 666 points. He also requires that the class average on the exams be BETWEEN a 30%-50%. I've heard he gives one homework problem a week that even the chem tutors (PhD students) have difficulty solving. Unfortunately, He is the only professor who teaches this course. So I can't just switch out of it. Here goes...

Welcome back to college Stephen.

This is completely unrelated, but it got a laugh out of me. Enjoy : )

No comments:

Post a Comment