Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Goodbye 2009

Dear 2009,


You almost got me. You beat me to my lowest point. You shook up the things I trusted most. You smirked at me when I was hurting. You spat on me when I fell down. You will not be missed and hopefully you'll be forgotten. You've seen my sophomore slump and my broken heart. You've seen me lose my temper and disregard logic. Oh boy, there will never be another one like you. You're a one of a kind 2009. I hate to say it though man, but your hurt and pain are on their way out. You lose your power in about 30 hours. 2010 is almost in, and he's here to save the day. And 2010 requires no looking back. It requires forgetting you. It demands new opportunities and many smiles. Oh how I can't wait for you 2010. It's a year for change and a year for growth. A year of immense challenges that will be conquered by my unseen determination. A year of many unknowns. But the future with you Mr. 2010 is looking bright. Thank you for kicking your ugly brother 2009 out of the way. Now let's get started with the new!


Today is the first day of the rest of my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment