Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Goodbye 2009 School year!

For some reason I can't find the motivation to bust out a good, witty, or clever blog post about how I finished the semester. Maybe because I'm too busy on my "break" working 40 hours a week trying to get some cash! But here's a quick summary. Let's just say, considering my circumstances and the outside obstacles I faced, I had an incredibly successful semester. I was only 0.25 points from retaining my 4.0 GPA. Yes you read that right, a quarter of a point. In my upper level management class that I risked taking as a sophomore, I scored an 89.75%. I assumed it would be rounded up. My professors response, "Stephen, is an 89.75% below or above a 90%?"

Point taken. Jerk...

2 comments:

  1. My AP chemistry teacher in high school made a big deal about rounding once. He told an elaborate story about hiking in the mountains & what would happen if you had to jump from one cliff to another. If the distance was 5 feet & you jumped 4 feet & 11 inches, would that be good enough? (He did this while jumping across desks in our class). He said no, you would fall to your death, so rounding isn't "the real world". In my opinion, if I jumped 4 feet & 11 inches, I would be close enough to reach out & grab a tree branch or something. Anyway, maybe your professor is related to this guy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is really funny! They must be related!

    ReplyDelete