Monday, July 19, 2010

Change of Plans

As many of you probably already have figured out, it’s July 19th and I'm still in the States. I was supposed to leave for Pucallpa, Peru on July 16th. Due to some misfortunate circumstances, the lead doctor for our team had to back out of his commitment towards the trip a couple of days before departure. Consequently, the entire medical team that he personally recruited also backed out of the trip. Since Bridge Builders International was organizing the trip, they offered to transfer my funds raised to another medical mission trip they are planning to Santa Cruz, Bolivia from July 30th through August 8th.

My heart breaks for the many people in Pucallpa, who were expected medical attention this week. I wish I had the education necessary to go and help them myself. Fortunately, the evangelistic side of our team is still traveling to Peru and is planning to work with the host church for the duration of the trip. I continue to pray for hearts to be opened and lives to be changed, even if I will not be there to help with the doctors. This has been a large step for me in my faith. I know that God has everything working out for his glory and that is the promise I've been holding on to. I've been praying for the people of Bolivia every day as well now. I hope that you will do the same. I'm just as excited for this trip. I can't wait. Stay tuned for a more interesting post.

Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment