Monday, June 21, 2010

Peru, I Love You

Dear Friends and Family,


There are few times in one’s life that can be considered life altering. From my limited experience in this game of life, I’ve quickly learned that the mission field is a viable place for these “moments” to occur. There is something deeply spiritual about being far away from home while trusting God with our entire life. I’ve talked and written in my blog about wanting to make a difference in this world. I’ve expressed my desire to be on the battlefield of souls, fighting for the Lord’s cause. Now is the time to put my words into action. I’ve been given the opportunity to travel to Pucallpa, Peru from July 17th through July 25th. This trip means the world to me for many reasons, but unlike any trip I’ve taken, this is a medical mission trip. As many of you might already know, the Lord has recently called me into the medical field. I have a long road ahead of me academically, but these are the experiences that will be engrained in one’s memory for eternity.

The trip is being led by Dr. Gary Lee and Jerry Morris, president of Bridge Builders International. We will work with on-site missionaries, Kevin and Esther Eifert. We will stay in their home and set up the clinic at their church, Templo de Alabanza (Temple of Praise). Their school, the Peruvian/American Christian School is also at that location. The city where we will be stationed, Pucallpa, is in the Amazon rainforest, on the west bank bank of the Amazon River. This is in a very poor part of the country, where many people go a lifetime without having any medical attention. For all the complaining we do in America about the costs, I’m gladly reminded of how blessed we are to have 24/7 hospitals. We are truly blessed.

I am writing you because I am in need of two important things that are vital for this trip coming to fruition. Financial assistance and prayer. The total cost of the trip is $1,500. I’m doing my best to raise the funds, but I need your help. This is an opportunity for you to sew into a team that is expecting an abundant harvest. I can help be the hands of the body of Christ, if you will help be the purse. I ask that you only give as the Lord commands. If you are not moved to financially help me, than most importantly I ask that you will be in prayer for our team. I will ask for money, but I beg that you will pray. This is an opportunity of a lifetime to go into the Amazon and help change the world and it could not be possible without the prayer of thousands. I am asking and expecting that the people of Peru are overwhelmed with love. A love that they have never before seen. A love that opens the doors of their hearts so that we can pour more into them. The fact is: God loves us more than we can comprehend. If I can help just one single person come an inch closer to understanding this truth, every dollar and every prayer offered has become worth it. I don’t believe that I will have time to update my blog while I am out of the country, but I most certainly will write about my trip when I return (as well as pictures). Here is the link: http://www.stephenincollege.blogspot.com. My address is: 703 West 46th Street. Sand Springs, OK. 74063. Please make checks payable to: Bridge Builders International I greatly appreciate you. More than you’ll ever know.

Sincerely,

Stephen Cliff

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to hear all about how the Lord uses you! Exciting!

    ReplyDelete