Sunday, November 22, 2009

Thanksgiving Already!

Is it already that time of the year? Thanksgiving is next week, followed by an ungodly amount of Christmas shopping. This year went entire too quick. At the same time it's induced many changes in my own personal life. Losing a best friend. Hitting a massive sophomore slump. Rediscovering God in a bright, exciting new way. Getting a direction of my future. Changing majors. I've hit an uncanny amount of adversity, but I'm still limping through the finish. The point is not that I might have a limp, but it's that I'm going to finish. Never going to give up. At first glance, I assumed this holiday season would be a downer. I'll be removed from an important family, who've been gracious enough to share their Thanksgiving and Christmas with me the last 3 years. I'll be missing my mistletoe kiss this year at Christmas. My Rhema Christmas light buddy. And everything else that the Holiday season brings. But there is no real reason to be negative. Through the enormous amount of pain and hurt I've been through, I've discovered the real value of family and friends. It's amazing the time and effort your real friends will go through to make sure you're alright. I've got a fair amount of humorous stories; as well as soft, emotional stories from my battle with love. But here's to rediscovering the real meaning in Thanksgiving and Christmas. It's a time to be thankful for what you do have, not a time to miss what you don't. Although it might be a tough break in some aspects, I have no doubt that my family will be there to pick me up, let me rest, and provide encouragement through this much needed break. I've been stretched emotionally, physically, mentally, and spiritually to the point of extreme exhaustion. Now it's a time to rest. A much needed rest.



6 comments:

  1. Oh wait. You're going to be here for Thanksgiving?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We won't be around for Thanksgiving, but sure would love to see you during Christmas break and we will go with you to Rhema to see the lights this year if you like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will have to come visit this Christmas break a lot! Hopefully I'll have a job, but I'm sure I'll have time on my hands! We can all go out to Rhema, that would be fun : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to bake you a pie. Then we all will help you eat it. :)

    ReplyDelete