Thursday, November 5, 2009

Goodbye Excuses, Hello Life

As of last week (November 1), I am no longer a teenager. As many fret about turning 30, 40, or even the official over the hill age of 50, I too am reluctant of letting go of my teenage years. Many of my friends embrace it with open arms, mainly because they are one year away from the legal age of 21. But not me. As strange as it may sound, I haven't exactly wrapped my mind around this 20 year old thing. 20 just seems so much older than 19. Ah, how I miss saying TEEN. Oh well, I guess there isn't much I can do about it. And I should be thankful I'm entering into and not leaving the twenties. Thank you Stephanie for making room : ) Maybe it's the fact that I'm being forced to grow up, when necessarily I'm not ready! Or that I really don't have much of excuse for immaturity anymore. "Stephen! You're twenty. Act like it."

On a better note, for my birthday, I received a glorious Iphone. Do they live up to the hype? Exceedingly so. Although, I've seen classroom attention span and sleeping hours decrease indirectly related to my Iphone usage. There is definitely no 'I-regret' associated with this phone though. Now I must get off here and start working on my paper. Time to start acting like I'm twenty, right?

3 comments:

  1. So glad I could make room for you. :) Enjoy your 20's... And I think you still have time for immaturity. That's what college is for! At least you're not 30. Ha!
    -Steph

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, you've had a couple week to embrace it....Are you liking 20 any more than when you first encountered it? :-)

    I think it suits you. So long teen years, hello life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It has gotten better. Hah. Actually, I think I might have been way to busy to even notice. Too much stuff going on. I'll be home tuesday though, when will you guys? : )

    ReplyDelete