Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Invincibility

The invincibility of being a teenager has officially worn off. I've never realized how many fears I have. Whether rational or irrational. How would I handle a tragedy in my family? What if my long term plans don't work out? What if I never meet the "one"?

Trust me, I absolutely know the right answers to my questions. I know trusting in God will lead to the future written for me. I'm not saying I'm overwhelmed with doubt and fear. It's just that . . . It seems like I've taken many things for granted, without ever considering life without certain people or things. I've never considered what life might be like if I don't get my way. Will I be happy if life throws a Roy Halladay-esqe curve ball my way?

Ok, enough with the mellow dramatic blabber. Just a lot on my mind recently. Can't want until Thanksgiving Break.

2 comments:

  1. Invincibility is something we all feel we are for a time, at least until mortality begins to take it's hold on us. And while we are mortal, and have a finite amount of time on this planet what we do with that time, and the relationships we make with that time are what really matter.

    One thing I have come to learn about you Stephen, is that you know how to make relationships...and I for one am glad that I am in the group of people that can call you friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even though you apparently don't like the Cowboys, You always have uplifting things to say and I really appreciate that about you! Thanks Dave!

    ReplyDelete